Tuesday, September 4, 2012

{Armoire Desk Reveal}

Good day Peeps! I hope everyone had a wonderful Labor Day Weekend! We didn't go anywhere for the holiday weekend, as you remember, my hubby got a promotion to a new job and is currently training super hard. Oh I love how hard he has been working for us. He is such a great and amazing husband, we are so grateful for him. Thank you Amor!

 Ok, I am super excited for today's post. I have been working so hard on this project, and I know I have taken forever to finally finish and reveal. Well, here it is.  Do you remember this armoire?
If not, click HERE to see this post.




And how I turned it into this?


So it became this!
 
 
 
Whoo, it was so much fun, ok, not that fun! It was stressful, and annoying to be honest! I forgot to prime it, why? Because my memory cells are horrible from pregnancy, and I can't think straight! So it has been chipping here and there, giving me frustration after frustration and I have to touch it up once in a while. Ugh...anyway, to see and read about this previous project click HERE.  I finally have a reveal of the inside!
 
 
Ok, previously it looked like this!!
 
 
 
And now it looks like this!
 
 
Oh I love, love, love this piece! It's super functional for us!
 
 
This is the top shelf, where I store and display my collection of BHG magazines! Have some media storage, and some of my favorite decorating and organizing books ever!
 
 
 
I have so much more space for things, I created extra storage by adding some $1 store finds and tweaking them by making them look more expensive.
 




I used chalk paint on both doors on the inside, not only because I have been itching to paint something with chalk paint, but because I can write down notes, and, does it ever happen to you whenever you're on the computer trying to work on your blog, editing pictures, paying bills, or just trying to pin a little, the kiddos seem to want to get in there and tap on the keyboard, or start throwing fits? Yes, well this happens to me, every single time I am trying to do some fun stuff online. Therefore, this works wo well for me. Check out Nolan's very 1st. work of art! No, he did not write his name, I did haha, but he did however write some cute little nothings!

 
I love Chalk Paint! I used it on both sides!
 

I picked up a super cute clipboard from Target (I love Target!) and glued it onto the door. I love the pop of color!


I love that my super cute Faux Nail Head Trimmed Cork Board is the perfect fit! To learn how to make a Faux Nail Head Trimmed Cork Board click HERE!
 
 
 
I love the extra hidden storage, I am still working on this file drawer, I want to add a super cute knob! I'll let you know later on what I do with it. But in the mean time, check out the storage solution!

 
 
Ok, so this, if I may add, was genious!!! Do I sound cocky?
I love this! It works so well for me, since I haven't any drawers in my little armoire, I thought this would be the perfect alternative for those little office supplies, at the reach of a hand.
 
 
The armoire only came with two little shelves on the right, so I added an extra 3rd shelf.
Perfect for more storage.


  
 
 
 
 
I am so happy with the turnout, although I am still working on few little details, which of course I will keep you updated on. Lets see all the delicious storage once again.
 


 
BEFORE
 
 
AFTER
 
 
 
Sigh...Thanks for stopping by friends. Have a great rest of the week, and see you soon!
XoXo
 
 

29 comments:

  1. Te quedo hermoso! Felicitaciones. I want one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gracias Ale! KSL one, that's how I found this beauty! It's so fun opening and closing it. haha

      Delete
  2. I love your updated computer armoire! I have the same idea with the chalkboard paint on the inside of the doors. You did such an amazing job...very creative.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Jacqueline! Chalk paint on the inside of double doors is so fun! You will love it! And thank you for becoming a new follower. I am really enjoying your blog too.
      Xoxo Claudia

      Delete
  3. You did an amazing job. I will be featuring this tonight at my Fall into Fall party that opens at 8pm EST. Please stop by and pick up an I've Been Featured button. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my gosh Judy thank you so much! I can't wait to see the feature! I will definitely stop by to get my button! Thank you!
      Xoxo
      Claudia

      Delete
  4. I would have never imagined an armoire for this purpose but it is aaaaamazing. I am seriously going to do this. what inspiration you are! I came over from DIYbydesign and I'm now a follower. can't wait to see what else you have coming!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww thank you for the compliments Carissa! You are soooo kind!! I am so happy you found this inspirational! Do share when you have completed your own armoire! And thank you for becoming a new follower.
      Xoxo
      Claudia

      Delete
  5. What a difference some paint can make! I love all the storage you have inside as well. Great job!
    Amy@homehappyhome

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Amy! I will be visiting your blog.
      xoxo
      claudia

      Delete
  6. Congratulations! You've been featured on Wicked Awesome Wednesday! Feel free to stop by the website and pick up your button.

    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for featuring me on Wicked Awesome Wednesday. I enjoy your website so much. I am coming right over to pick up my button, thank you.
      xoxo
      claudia

      Delete
  7. Question for you, it looks like it was stained, did you strip it and sand it before you painted it? or what did you do to prep it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Jamie, thank you for your question. It actually isn't solid wood :( so all I did was just sand it, really good! Then primed and painted.
      Claudia

      Delete
  8. What a great desk! I love it!
    Carrie
    carrie@neatsmart.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Carrie!! I truly enjoyed putting all of this together. For more details check out the woman's day magazine February issue, pages 50 and 54. I was featured along side my armoire. :) thanks for visiting.
      Claudia

      Delete
  9. Quick question: What are the approximate dimensions of the armoire?
    Thanks, Ben

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have one of these armoires! I was just looking at new desks to replace it until I saw your creation here with it. I need a new desk for working on grad coursework and need space. I love what you did here and am considering just a redo instead of spending the cash on a new desk! I am wanting it black to match the rest of my living area furniture, so I am thinking away of how to do this. Thanks for the inspiration!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Melissa! I definitely recommend recycling, rather than wasting this great piece. I am so excited for you! Please share your end result, I would love to get my eyes on your work.
      Claudia

      Delete
  11. I saw your armoire featured in women's day and instantly fell in love! I was able to find the exact one on Craigslist and I'm currently planning it's makeover:) thank you so much for the inspiration! I'm having a difficult time locating a stool though and was wondering if you'd share where you found yours!?!? Thanks again!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear anonymous, thanks so much for visiting my blog! I can't believe you found the exact same one! I am so excited for you! Please let me know how your project turned out, I want to see pictures I am super excited! Thanks for your comment :)
      Claudia

      Delete
    2. P.s. I got my stool at Ross for $30 a few years back. Try tj maxx or homegoods they have a ton in stock right now. Very inexpensive and so beautiful!

      Claudia

      Delete
  12. Oh My goodness!! I am so excited I found this. I just bought this EXACT computer armoire on a facebook yardsale sight and was looking around pinterest for ideas on how to organize or jazz it up. I can not wait to start this project. Thanks so much for the help!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so happy your found my post helpful! How exciting you have found the exact same armoire desk. These are so fun to play with. If you get a chance, please share your progress. Thanks for visiting :)

      Delete
  13. I have this exact same armoire someone gave me years ago. I was looking on Pinterest trying to figure out what to do with it and BAM!! Came across this post!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE and will be copying every thing you've done!! Thank you so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete