Friday, October 26, 2012

DIY: Sunburst Mirror

Oh wow!! It has been far too long since I have blogged. So much has been going on lately. I am so sorry for neglecting you my followers! I'm back, and ready for lots more fun posts, I promise! My little man got Roseola last weekend, and he was sick for a whole week. Being a mother is tough, it is so worrysome and exhausting, and just plain hard. But he's up running around, and so is mommy. Over the weekend, we had some very special guests. But more on that later. I have finally finished my forever neglected project.

Remember this?



Ok, remember I told you I really wanted a sunburst mirror? Ok, well I decided to go for the most inexpensive idea. I didn't want to invest a lot, since I wasn't really sure if I loved a sunburst touch as much as I thought I would. So I went for skewers! At 0.97$ for 100ct. Not too shabby


Took my old mirror I was once using above my bed, got it at homegoods for $3.50
 

Coved the center mirror to protect from glue and paint


Hot glue works just great!


Got some hanging hooks from the craft store for $3.99
Glued it on the back of the mirror with EZ-6000 super glue. It works on anything and everything! Craft store $4.99
 

Gray primer paint for $3.99 hardware store


Spray away! Let dry, and continue to as many coats as you need until satisfied. I did 3 coats


Voila!
 



Not too bad for my first time, I gotta tell you, it was a little frustrating. Gluing all of these skewers one by one was the most time consuming step. It's all downhill after that. It took me a couple of days to finish it all. With lots of 2 hour breaks haha. I used about 220 skewers, so I bought way too many, but it's ok, now I have extra skewers for a fun shiskabob party for the summer.
 
What fun projects have you been up to? Please share!
 

XoXo

 

No comments:

Post a Comment