Wednesday, June 20, 2012

~Tool Time~

This is my latest organization project.

Loni has been in dying need of tool organization, she hates bending down, searching in her tool boxes every time she needs to use a screw driver, or dig in and see if she can find a nail to put that picture frame up on the wall. That's why she called me, not only her trusty ol sister in law, but also a professional organizer.

Check out the BEFORE

All of her paint supplies were in miscellanious spots and bins in the garage.
Paint cans everywhere, and accessories in various places, which meant, she had to search for these things every single time they needed them.



 Because all of her tools were in 2 different boxes, everything was out of place, and not put away in the same spot after every use. She also had to bend over every time, which took time and strain. She called it "Stress Hazard". So true!
And the AFTER


All of the main tools that are used more regularly are now on display for easy access. Notice on the ground there are tool boxes, all the other tools not needed as often are all placed in there, saving room and space, piled on top of eachother.

All of the paint is also stacked, by the big containers full of painting supplies.
On the shelf above the big paint containers are small, clear containers labeled with more painting supplies. How much easier will painting be?


Peg Board!

Oh the joys of peg board, I'm in love!





A little car cleaning station


Don't forget the cord holder.

And what about digging in for those nails? No worries any more.


How serene!
She told me when she used it for the first time, it was bliss! She found everything she needed with ease.



Thank you Loni!




8 comments:

  1. I love the pegboard! We need one of those for our garage for sure! Going to have to show the hubby and drop some hints. Great job!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well thank you Nicky! I am so glad you are choosing pegboard, it honestly is such a happy choice, it will not only bring ease to your garage but beautify it as well. Post pictures of your end result. I want to see he he thanks for the love :)
      Xoxo
      Claudia

      Delete
  2. This looks great, and i love the boxes for the nails and screws. We're in the process of getting pegboard up in the garage. Soooo tired of digging around for things only to not find them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shelley! You will love pegboard, I know how annoying it is to be digging for tools. Post pictures of the end result, I want me some eye candy. Thanks for stopping by :)
      Xoxo
      Claudia

      Delete
  3. What a transformation! I'd love to implement some pegboard in our garage, but since it isn't my "domain", it's low on the priority list. The husband did appreciate how I put all his nails, screws, picture hanging pieces into a tackle box though. That will have to do for now. I'll come back for some pegboard inspiration later!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Courtney, I highly recommend peg board, it not only organizes in such a neat manner, but it instantly beautify's the space. Not to mention, the searching for tools is over. Ooooh...I love clear boxes with little conpartments for little screws, nails, and such. Great job! I think that's a good solution. Come back, any time.
      Xoxo
      Claudia

      Delete
  4. My this looks so nice! How I would love to have our garage look like this someday. Great job on the this make-over!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Suzanne, you should totally use pegboard, it makes such a huge difference!
      XoXo
      Claudia

      Delete