Friday, May 11, 2012

DIY: A DeLightful Shade Re-do

Remember how I gave my lamps a tiny makeover back in December?


Well when I did, I was sort of taking desperate measures, after having this lamp for a couple of years and seeing how boring and plain white it was, I gave it a tiny makeover. Well, after much thinking of what else I could do with this shade, I figured it out, of course on a super tight budget.

Here's a quick tutorial how.
The thin ribbon didn't really make a big difference on this boring white shade.



Tape it up!
I chose this pattern based on nixon pattern by jonathan adler. Well, I tried my best.

So this is kind of embarrasing, but getting the exact measurements and pattern on took me about 4 hours to figure out, I had to re-tape it a couple of times. It was crazy! But it worked out.


Choose Spray Paint


Spray Away!

Let Dry

Time for Reveal!  I got all giddy ripping off the tape.

Looking good so far!



Voila!


What do you think?
The paint sort of found its way inside a little, which gave it a smoky look. But I kind of like it.

I haven't shown the way they look in my room yet, but coming soon!

Have you done any cool transformations lately?

1 comment:

  1. I love the color you chose for this project, and the print is awesome! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete