Friday, May 4, 2012

DIY: Swatch Art

I love paint! Ok, that's an understatement, I am obsessed with paint. So obsessed infact that I have pretty much every swatch from Lowe's and Home Depot. It's so embarrasing going in just to pick up some swatches, hey, they're FREE!

So having so many swatches I felt inspired to make something with them, something fun, so I made some Art for Nolan's Room. Yes, more Art, I love Art!

Pick your colors.



Than cut out the swatches any size you desire.

Makesure you plan out your pattern before you start taping them together.

Than get some double sided tape.



Once it's all taped, it should look like this from the back.

And the front.

  So you wil need to cut the excess paper sticking out.




Almost done!


Done!

 Than Frame, and hang!



I absolutely love this piece, the pattern, the colors, it's so whimsical, yet chic! This is going on Nolan's Gallery.


This Post is part of Link Party on the Winthrop Chronicles blog, Funky Polkadot Giraffe,

2 comments:

  1. Love this idea! Chevron is my fave, this is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Amy! This is such an easy project, chevron is my favorite too :)

      Delete